These rolls are so refreshing and healthy. I could eat these all day every day. They are delicious and so simple to make. Try them out for yourself!
Thai Shrimp Rolls
Adapted from Dianasaur Dishes
20 circle rice paper wrappers
20 cooked shrimp
40 basil leaves
40 mint leaves
1 carrot sliced into shreds with vegetable peeler
2 cups torn butter lettuce (or romaine without spines of leaves)
1 skein vermicelli rice noodles cooked
1 cup bean sprouts
1 bunch of cilantro
4 stalks green onion finely chopped
pie pan of very warm water
1 jar of peanut satay sauce
1) Spread all ingredients out on a work surface
2) Remove tails from shrimp and cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
3) Dip a rice wrapper into the warm water until soft and pliable.
4) Place the rice wrapper on a clean dry cutting board.
5) Place your filling a little off the center in a vertical line. Start with two shrimp halves end to end, cut side up (so the pink shows through when it’s wrapped). Top with two basil leaves, two mint leaves, and a small portion of each remaining ingredient. Arrange so ingredients will be peeking out of one or both ends.
6) Starting at the corner your filling is closest to, wrap that corner over filling, (If you only want ingredients showing from one end, fold an inch of the bottom up right now) then begin rolling tightly. Place seam side down on a large platter and cover with plastic wrap. Serve with Peanut Satay Sauce.